Ground control to Live Journal Hello readers and before you rub your eyes in amazement yes I have really blogged!
Due to circumstances beyond my control i.e. Essays I have not been bothered/ able to blog about my going’s on. You will be glad to know however, that essays are now all done and normal blogging is to be resumed.
I have decided to do a little checklist at the start of this blog to remind myself of what I have actually done/wish to talk about. They are numbered so you my dear readership can easily locate a certain section if you wish to only read part of this blog.
2. Greg Barker/ Michael Flower
4. Home Office Split
1. Ok so the Budget. Very much a give with the one hand take with the other that we expect from Brown so in that sense it wasn’t very shocking. Scrapping the 10p lower band basically gets this 2p so called “Cut” in income tax back. Many other of Browns announcements for example the cut in corporation tax was actually proposed by the Tories months ago, so it that sense Brown has done well lol.
2. Shadow Environment Secretary Greg Barker visited Keele on Thursday during his day of visiting the West Midlands region. For those of you who don’t recognise the name think of the Tory Mp who broke up with his wife last year to go with another man. Yep that’s right that’s him. He was a pleasant enough fellow and after showing him around the Keele grounds we took him to the Union for a cup of Coffee. He asked us about measures being made to tackle global warming etc at Keele and he briefly talked about his recent visit to the Arctic Circle with our dear leader Mr C. All in all a nice 30 minutes. During the 30 minutes however I found myself most of the time talking to Councillor Flower who comes from my home Village. I had spoken to him before I came to Keele and so it was nice to chat to him again. We talked about the Conservatives in Aldridge and more specifically CF. He informed me that the current Aldridge CF chairman has left the area and so it appears I shall be doing something in the Summer to get that CF up and running again.
3. Essays were pure hell and despite me saying on this blog if I remember rightly, that I wouldn’t leave it to the last minute I did just that. Out of the 4 I did I was only really happy with two of them, the other two I am very concerned about. As they say however, What’s done is done so Ill just have to wait and see!
4. NO NO NO NO NO, Why do Labour insist on splitting/rebranding any area of government that is not working! They cannot blame to Tories for the mess in the Home office. They have had 10 years to sort out any issues and if they really felt the Home office needed splitting why not do it in 1997 or 2001/2002 after 9/11.
After all Mr Reid himself suggested this split is to deal with the increasing threat of Terrorism. Also the “Ministry for Justice” is just an awful name for a department. If we really must split the home office at least come up with some more imaginative names.
Ok rant over now, Until Next Time